BLOWER DOOR TESTING: The TEC Trainer is an excellent way of displaying the setup and operation of the Blower Door system in a classroom setting. It can also be used to give students some hands on practice setting up and running a Blower Door test. You may want to use the DG-700 Simulator software (available from the TEC website to project the DG-700 on a screen during your demonstration. Tests can be performed by using the Blower Door to either pressurize or depressurize the Trainer enclosure. Blower Door tests should typically be done without the flex ductwork installed inside the enclosure.
DUCT LEAKAGE TESTING: The TEC Trainer can be used to demonstrate both Total Duct Leakage tests, and Duct Leakage to Outside tests. Duct Leakage testing requires installation of the flex ductwork assembly that came with the TEC Trainer. The flex ductwork assembly consists of a 32” section of flex ductwork with a black square transition piece attached to either end. The ductwork assembly contains a small non-adjustable hole (approximately 1” x 3”) located in the middle of ductwork. Tests can be performed to either pressurize or depressurize the ductwork.
The TEC Trainer includes the following:
View TECTrainer Manual, pdf file
- A folding frame with carrying case
- A red nylon cover with adjustable hole sizes
- A flex duct assembly for duct testing
- Duct attachment plate for easy connection to the Duct Blaster
- Zippered access panel
- Ring C for the Blower Door
- The hose kit provides all of the color coded, properly sized hoses that you need for testing
- A gauge bar to hang your Duct Blaster controller and gauge on the Blower Door frame
- A complete instruction manual that gives you recommended test configurations and the range of expected results.
- Carrying case for all parts